The Fred Zimmer Worksite Wellness Memorial Scholarship was established to honor a deserving student who is pursuing a Bachelorette degree in the field of Health Promotion and Wellness at an approved Michigan postsecondary institution.
Fred Zimmer, LLP, LMSW was an active founding board member on the Michigan Wellness Council who gave tirelessly to the field of worksite wellness. He was also a graduate from the Michigan State Center for Humanistic Studies with degrees in psychology and social work.
Minimum criteria to submit an application for this prestigious award include:
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Must be a Junior or Senior in an approved program through an accredited college or university
- Have plans to utilize their degree in a worksite setting
- Provide a 200- to 300-word essay on how they can help shape lives using their degree in a worksite health setting
NOTE: The Scholarship is awarded annually, and a deserving student may only win once.
- Two letters of reference
- 200- to 300-word essay on how you plan to shape lives using your degree in a worksite health setting
- Copy of your current college transcripts
- Applicants are to submit their Application materials no later than Friday, October 9, 2020. Email your application package to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Michigan Wellness Council Scholarship Committee will review the material each applicant submitted
- The Scholarship Committee will provide the top three candidates to the entire board for final selection
- The Fred Zimmer Wellness Memorial Scholarship will be presented to the deserving student at the Thursday, October 29th Michigan Wellness Council Conference (meeting information at michiganwellnesscouncil.org)
Questions may be emailed to: email@example.com.
Learn more at michiganwellnesscouncil.org/worksite-scholarship.