November 1, 2022 | Stevens Point, WI: During the International Society for Physical Activity and Health (ISPAH) Congress, held October 23-26 in Abu Dhabi, UAE, the Abu Dhabi Public Health Center (ADPHC) signed a partnership agreement with the National Wellness Institute (NWI) to exchange experience and advisory support for the Abu Dhabi Health Center’s research initiatives across the region and the conferences it hosts.

“It has been an honor representing NWI in Abu Dhabi and finally being able to sign this agreement with the Abu Dhabi Public Health Center” states Chuck Gillespie, CEO of NWI. “Together, we will be able to build a world-class cooperation model for health promotion, wellness, and well-being.”

The agreement provides the Abu Dhabi Public Health Center with five decades of training experience and expertise to support the activation of a local long-term plan for a multidimensional and multicultural wellness strategy in Abu Dhabi and throughout the United Arab Emirates (UAE).

NWI Wellness International Ambassador Dr. Mazouz Melkheir, who lives and works in Abu Dhabi, explains “Abu Dhabi is a multicultural city where Emirati citizens represent 20% of the population, and people from diverse nationalities represent the other 80%. It is important for the success of our health and wellness initiative to understand how to blend healthy and active living into the many different cultures. The National Wellness Institute’s global reach gives us a partner to learn from and build a healthy place to live, work, learn, play, and reflect here in Abu Dhabi and across the UAE.”

The partnership agreement between the ADPHC and NWI took 18 months to finalize. “On behalf of NWI, I want to personally thank His Highness Sheikh Mohamed Bin Zayed Al Nahan for his vision to promote health and well-being in Abu Dhabi and to strengthen the measures in place to safeguard the health and safety of the Emirate’s population. I also want to thank H.E. Matar Saeed Rashed Al Nuaimi, Director General, Abu Dhabi Public Health Centre for his dedication to shifting the mindsets, behaviors, and practices of the people of Abu Dhabi toward a healthier lifestyle,” proclaims Gillespie.

Both organizations are already working on the 2023 joint-initiatives with plans to be presented in early 2023.

About the Abu Dhabi Public Health Center: The Abu Dhabi Public Health Centre (ADPHC) was established in 2019 to ensure a public health system that maintains the health of the population in the Emirate and guarantee workers’ safety through the promotion of public health and preventive health concepts. The Abu Dhabi Public Health Center is the first of its kind in the region.

About the National Wellness Institute: The National Wellness Institute (NWI), based in the United States, serves as the worldwide voice of the wellness community by providing professional development and engagement opportunities that drive multidimensional, multicultural, high-level wellness strategies. Its Certified Wellness Practitioner (CWP) designation is the industry standard for global wellness leaders and is derived from the evidence-based Wellness Promotion Competency domains and rooted in the Six Dimensions of Wellness.

# # #