By: NWI Staff
NWI Membership Committee member and Senior Manager of Well-Being at Banner Health Nicole Stec as composed a list of resources Banner Health has been working on for their own members.
Resources for Mental Health and Resiliency
Resources for Self-Care
- HAWP—ASU Mindfulness Center: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MemqZO1JSdk&feature=youtu.be 12pm meditations
- Yale’s Happiness Course: https://www.coursera.org/learn/the-science-of-well-being
- Grokker: Help your team manage stress, stay connected and maintain their physical fitness with free access to our wellbeing solution and fitness video streaming through April 30, in addition to free webinars and preparedness resources on staying calm, healthy meals, deep sleep and much more.
- Wellbeats: Free access to on-demand fitness, mindfulness and cooking classes that empowers habit forming physical and mental health with free access until April 30, use promo code 57a4df63
- Active by PopSugar: Hundreds of free workouts from celebrity trainers and fitness experts.
- GOLD’S AMP™: Free access through May 2020, to over 600 audio and video workouts to keep you moving in the gym, outside, use promo code FIT60
- Inner Explorer: Free access for youth and families to the I AM PRESENT app, download here through Summer 2020.
- Employer Tool Kit: http://go.naturallyslim.com/now-is-the-time
- 90 second videos on change, sleep, coping with loneliness, staying active, managing grief, reducing anxiety
- PDFs: 9 ways to relax, self-care, staying grounded, boost immune system, shift your mindset graphic
Physical Activity & Exercise
- Core Power Yoga: On Demand Yoga and Relaxation courses: https://www.corepoweryogaondemand.com/
- CrossFit at Home: Access to workout and nutrition videos: https://www.crossfit.com/at-home
- Daily Burn: Sign up for a free 30-day trial and receive access to full body workouts daily, which include cardio, yoga, dance, Pilates and more.
- Will require credit card information for the free trial. https://dailyburn.com/register/a33196/index.html?partner=yh1&mtype=102&sub_id=nonbrand&grp=sitelink&msclkid=2bde48092db31ed08bd3167dc1f47595
- Down Dog
- Down Dog is making all of their apps – Down Dog, Yoga for Beginners, HIIT, Barre, and 7 Minute Workout – completely free until May 1, 2020. https://www.downdogapp.com/
- We are extending free access until July 1 for all healthcare professionals so we can help those who are helping us. Please visit com/healthcare to register your work healthcare domain.
- Offering free access until July 1, 2020 for all students and teachers (K-12 and college).
- To access the free school membership, please sign up with your .edu email address. If your school does not use .edu emails, please write to us at email@example.com
- Ekhart Yoga
- Offering 12 free yoga and meditation classes, specifically designed to help relieve stress and anxiety. https://try.ekhartyoga.com/free-relief-classes/
- Fitness Blender: Offers free workout videos based on difficulty, focus, and equipment available. https://www.fitnessblender.com/
- Nike Run Club:
- Need to get outside for a bit or have a treadmill at home? This free app helps you track your run and allows access to guided runs hosted by coaches or Headspace. https://www.nike.com/nrc-app
- Obe Fitness
- Live fitness classes with a 30-day free trial (use code ATHOME)
- Will require credit card information for the free trial. https://www.obefitness.com/users/sign_up
- Peloton: Their digital app is free for 90 days and you do not have to have a Peloton to use it. Not only do they offer bike and treadmill classes, but they offer outdoor walking/running classes, strength, yoga and meditation.
- Planet Fitness: Free online classes for two weeks, beginning March 16, 2020. The workouts will be live-streamed at 6 p.m. CT each day. If you cannot make it live, the workouts will be available on-demand. https://www.planetfitness.com/
- PopSugar Fitness: A free YouTube exercise channel that offers fitness tutorials and workouts. https://www.popsugar.com/fitness/
- Additional Resources: A list of free workout apps is here: https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/free-workout-apps-social-distancingcoronavirus-184514493.html
- Modern Health: Providing free mindfulness, relaxation, stress management, anxiety and skill building resources through their website: https://community.modernhealth.com/?utm_source=Broker+Newsletters&utm_campaign=d33e4bbddaEMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2020_03_26_03_36&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_4b092ddd93-d33e4bbdda111680828
- Total Brain: Free access and is designed to train your brain to manage mental health; get started at https://app.totalbrain.com/enter/consumertrial or through the app on the App Store or Google Play store.
- If downloading the app, use the code “consumertrial”
- Healbright: Free mental health program designed to address the stress caused by the COVID-10 Pandemic. This free online course is designed to help you reduce stress and develop resilience from home
- Betterhelp: Affordable, private online counseling. Talk with a licensed, professional therapist online about depression, anger, stress, anxiety, grief, and more.
- Calm: Meditations and resources on this page are free of charge. Calm has provided handpicked content to support your mental and emotional wellness through this time.
- Resources on the page will be updated regularly https://www.calm.com/signup-flow
- Simple Habit: Components of this meditation platform are free to all. They have announced free premium memberships to those impacted by the pandemic and can no longer afford to pay.
- Access includes free entire meditation collections through the end of April https://www.simplehabit.com/
- Take a break!
- Free meditations for deep relaxation and stress relief
- Free therapist-led support groups via Facebook
- COVID-19 Anxiety Resource Center
- If you’re interested in joining, special discounting is made available https://www.facebook.com/pg/Talkspacetherapy/groups/?ref=page_internal
- Make it OK
- Resources, podcasts, toolkits, stories and more. https://makeitok.org/
- Mental Health America
- To aid individuals and communities during this time, MHA has compiled a range of resources and information on mental health.
- Topics include: Mental Health Information For Disease Outbreaks, Financial Support, Tools And Information On Anxiety, Tools To Connect With Others, and Resources For Immediate Response
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)
- NAMI provides resources, information, education and more around mental health. https://www.nami.org/AboutNAMI/NAMI-News/2020/NAMI-Updates-on-the-Coronavirus
- COVID-19 Information and Resources
- This guide put together by NAMI, is filled with commonly asked questions when it comes to mental health resources and how to get support in every aspect of our lives.
- Looking for guidance on how help yourself or your loved ones?
- Call the NAMI Helpline: Monday-Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., EST (800) 950-6264